Simple Recipes: A series of simple, easy-to-prepare recipes that I have tried in my quest to prepare healthy meals for a perpetually hungry child.
I’m a firm believer that “fruits are best eaten in their natural form,” but one is always allowed to have a change of heart, doesn’t she?
When you have a child who loves watermelons as much as he loves legos, you would explore other ways to offer this fruit other than slicing it in different shapes and sizes.
I have found this watermelon juice recipe that is so easy to prepare I feel like sharing it for the moms out there who haven’t quite fallen in love with juicing yet. Here is my version:
- 1 Watermelon (preferably very ripe, very big and refrigerated before)
- 1 Lime
- Sprigs of mint for garnishing (optional)
1. Remove the seeds from the watermelon if it’s not seedless; it’s hard to find one in Ireland!
2. Scoop the watermelon and add in the blender (in our home, we only have Nutribullet).
3. Blend. (For Nutribullet, this is merely between 5-10 seconds).
4. Transfer to glasses and squeeze in lime juice on top. Stir to blend.
5. Garnish a mint leaf on top for that added flavour.
Enjoy this juice on a hot day or when your child has just arrived home from school! Healthy and refreshing at its best.
This post may contain affiliate links. Sparkle in the Simple may receive a small commission when you purchase through the links in this post at no cost to you.