Hi. Welcome to Sparkle in the Simple.
My name is Laidel.
Lai, if you please.
I’m a mom, a wife, a Christ-follower.
I pursue simplicity and unearth the sparkle in the simple living. I wasn’t like this before you see. Motherhood has taught me to keep things simple if I wanted to be able to read a good book, write in calligraphy, or nurture plants inside our home. I have grown to love empty white walls and spaces.
I love to read and I’m one of those old-fashioned people in the train who still love to read on actual paper, in an actual bound cover.
I enjoy writing in calligraphy, another old-fashioned medium.
I delight in home decorating and creating minimalist living space in our first owned home.
I like taking care of indoor plants and my dream is to someday own a shop of indoor plants and home decors.
I am passionate about intentional parenting and training up a child the way he should go (Proverbs 22:6).
I dream of exploring the world with my little family.
I used to blog here but when I became a mommy a year ago, I was never the same and so, I created this simpler, minimal blog in celebration of this life that was changed forever and the journey to a simpler, more meaningful life.
I do love to write and my hope is that somewhere in the pages of my blog, you’ll find little things to make you smile and bits and pieces to warm your heart.
- I’m from the beautiful country of the Philippines where the best white beaches and the warmest people on the planet can be found.
- I moved to the laid-back yet charming city of Dublin, Ireland in 2012. This country is overwhelmingly filled with beauty and wonders that have left me in awe in various reasons and seasons. I love spring, summer, and autumn here, in that order. Let’s forget about winter.
- Also in 2012, I married a wonderful man named Rolando (referred to as hubby or R in this blog). He is the single best reason why I moved to Dublin. I will be forever in awe of how God orchestrated our love story, and how this man, who was once a friend, an officemate, a seatmate and even an enemy, turned out to be God’s best for me. My old blog has all the footprints and handprints of our love story. In this foreign land of Ireland, we find ourselves chasing dreams together, persevering together and keeping the faith together.
- I’m a mom to a darling baby boy who we lovingly call Zeya or Z in this blog.
- I’ve been an auditor, an accountant, and a financial analyst in the past decade.
- I’m a Christian and I believe I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Since I accepted the fact that Someone died for me and loved me first, my life has found its purpose and meaning 🙂